Spojená škola Detva
- 1. Solar lighting system. We will place 10 solar sensor lighting on the school building and practical training workshops. They will be placed on the right side of the building to ensure that it works in any weather. In addition, we install 6 solar street lamps, including installation on new columns. These will primarily be located next to the building with training workshops.The buildings are located in the risky part of the city, where the marginalized community lives. Movement near objects is dangerous especially in the morning and in the evening. The surroundings of the workshops are not monitored. Practical training as well as morning work shifts of company employees begin in the early morning hours. In autumn and winter months, pupils and employees come to the building in the dark. It is similar with gym visitors who attend matches and trainings that end in the late evening. Solar lighting will increase safety in the area. It is a more economical solution than other electrical lighting connected to the public grid.
- 2. Separation of waste. As a part of this activity, we want to increase the proportion of separated waste in participating secondary and primary schools and also to motivate and to educate pupils, parents and school visitors. We want to procure 5 pieces of containers for various types of waste for the exterior of the school and 10 pieces of combined waste bins for sorted waste for the interior into various buildings (school building, gymnasium, practical lessons).
- 3. Establishing the educational trail with outdoor eco classroom for environmental education for our students as well pupils from primary schools. The educational trail will be located next to the school building and equipped with 5 information panels containing: use of alternative types of energy; waste sorting, recycling and waste-free management; organic farming based on regional resources; forest creation and protection and its importance for protection of climate. There will also be a wooden board and a simple bench seating. The trail will be complemented by beds with non-invasive plants and woody plants.
Primary school Obrancov mieru Detva
A pond will be built next to the school building and it will be built on existing elements of garden architecture. The pond will be complemented by a waterfall pump, necessary filter as well as tiles, geotextile and pond foil. It will also include a suitable stone and plant material. Of course there is a safety net to prevent injuries of pupils. We consulted the preparation with experts from the garden center, who will also provide consultations during the project. The lake will be largely built with the help of the school's pupils´ parents. The school will also provide the necessary equipment and will also cooperate with the municipal services. The pond will be supplemented with suitable plants, which will be necessary for filtration and purification. Plants will also be planted alongside the pond itself to increase the aesthetic value and to create the conditions for further development of the rest zone. Planting of plants will be provided by teachers with the help of pupils within the lessons. An ecological trail with information panels and wooden teaching boardwill also be built next to the pond and an outdoor eco classroom will be created.
The town of Hriňová is the founder of 2 elementary schools, in which the following activities are realized:
Elementary school Hriňová Krivec 1355: Completion of the school garden. The existing school garden will be supplemented with 8 pieces of beds (dimensions approx. 106 * 65 * 76 cm) .Useful plants, low-stem fruit trees (mainly apple trees and plums) and fruit shrubs (e.g.currants and gooseberries) will be planted. A suitable garden substrate will be used for planting. An important part will be the acquisition of a surface rain water collection container with accessories for collecting rainwater, which will be located at the gym building. Rainwater, which is currently unused, will be used to irrigate the school garden
Elementary school with kindergarten, Školská 1575 Hriňová: We will focus on the following activities:
- system of the waste separation - procurement of containers for separated waste for exterior and school corridors.
- building an insect house, it will be built by itself with the help of staff and parents, the project will procure the necessary material
- purchase of a surface rain water collection container with accessories, which will be connected to the school building and the water will be used for garden irrigation (a dangerous way of watering from the stream will be replaced)
building a educational trail with information panels within outdoor eco classroom. Information panels will cover: insect life, medicinal herbs and their processing, regional fruit, their harvesting, processing. Information boards shall be fitted on their own, with the help of staff and parents.
Primary school Kriváň
The measures will be implemented in the area of the elementary school in Krivan. At the back of the yard, a rest-educational zone is being built together with the founder (commune Kriváň) for elementary school pupils, school clubs and residents of nearby houses. They have planted ornamental deciduous and edible trees, build benches, raised flower beds that will be used for educational activities in education. By retaining rainwater in the landscape and its subsequent use, we ensure the irrigation of flower beds, trees and shrubs in this area and thus improve the microclimatic conditions of the school courtyard and this part of the village. We will improve an aesthetic and health function of greenery.
There is a pavement which leads down from the next building to the parking lot, which has an asphalt surface. Rainwater stands on the parking lot, some of it disappears over time in a slot leading to the sewer under an open roofed passage between buildings. We want to capture this water in a tripod near the trees. The tripod will be built by dredging a sufficiently deep pit. A part of it is covered with coarse natural aggregate, a concrete ring is placed in it, into which a pipe for draining the rainwater from this drain will flow. Place a hatch and substrate on the circle, plant succulent plants to distinguish the hatch from other vegetation. We will use the excavated soil in raised beds.